Meditation: Setting Your Mentality for 2017
Hello LCP, Haaaaaaaaappy New Year!
I am so elated to see the start of a new year, and the #YearOfTheGrind circa 2017 is now in full effect! I hope you’ve all had an amazing 2016 (I know I did) because the #YearOfTheGrind set ya girl straight! Let’s see what all I managed to accomplish in 2016.
- I interviewed New York Times best-selling author, Sister Souljah
- I interviewed Grammy nominated singer | songwriter Sebastian Kole
- I was published 2 times in magazine publication
- I published an excerpt from my life memoire
- I was published a total 10 times in The Birmingham Times Newspaper
- I hosted my first event with a high end Retailer
- I hosted a huge city wide event during classic weekend
- I joined a weekly radio show panel
- I grew my sites number of monthly unique visitors by 50%
- Got my first column idea greenlighted
- And tons of opportunities in line for 2017
You know how I did it? By charting out my list of goals month by month, and creating four mini grinds to equate the completion of one major, monthly grind. No worries, I'm going to show the exact formula I used to chart the course of my master plan!
HERE'S HOW TO DEVELOP YOUR GRIND AT A GLANCE! #Goals
First you have to write your vision and leave nothing out. Be realistic with your goals or realistic with yourself about your work ethic, and determine what you want to accomplish this year. Try to do this with the idea in mind, that you want your vision to equate to 12 goals that will complete one major goal. After that, extract the actual goals from the vision and break them into 12 grinds. Reference the formula below!
HERE’S THE FORMULA-
1 YEAR = 12 MONTHS
12 MONTHS = 12 GRINDS
12 GRINDS = 1 GRIND PER MONTH
1 GRIND / 4 WEEKS = 4 MINI GRINDS
4 MINI GRINDS / 4 WEEKS = 1 MINI GRIND PER WEEK
4 MINI GRINDS = 1 FULL GRIND
Now, to set our mentalities and get our minds right!
MENTALITY: Purposeful intentions and one's own personal perception of life and way of thinking.
As you can see, a persons' mentality is a very powerful life tool that can either empower you, or destroy you. If you abuse your mindset and infuse it with negativity, it'll have a harmful affect on your confidence and consciousness. But if you nurture your mentality and permeate a positive, proactive environment for your mindset to dwell, you will live life more abundantly. #LifeTheLCPWay
Whether you're sharpening your spirits' purposeful intention to live within a mentality of greatness, or you want to create a mentality of greatness; AFFIRM, then REAFIRM your capabilities.
BUT BEFORE YOU DO, PREPARE YOUR SPIRIT TO RECEIVE YOUR AFFIRMATIONS.
1. Get to a peaceful environment, put your phone on airplane mode, and get in a comfortable sitting position.
2. Take a series of slow, deep breaths until your heart rate and thoughts have slowed.
3. Give thanks! A spirit of gratitude opens the soul to nourishment.
4. Envision your dreams, goals and aspirations, and CLAIM THEM!
Ex: I will grow my business. I am capable of succeeding at my endeavors.
This sort of mental positive reinforcement fuels your drive!
Now for the decree...
I am a product of The Creator's marvelous, excellence, and I am great by design. I will walk in a spirit of greatness, and my actions and reactions will be a product of sound mind. I will use my tongue to produce fruits of greatness, and my thoughts and ideas will be worth more than gold. Emeralds and diamonds, I will work, I will earn, I will buff and shine my gems to life. Obstacles will come and go, trials will try me, define me, anew. So a fresh perspective, new strategy, or tactic, I'll deploy. I am clothed in spiritual armor, I am ready for war.
I will grind for my talents and gifts and stop at nothing until I have achieved success. I will bend the universe to my will, by commanding the governing forces of nature/God (whomever you belive in) to bestow favor upon me and the fruits of my labor. I will not be sidetracked by distractions, and I will not tire from the efforts of my labor. I will simply be filled with satisfaction because of the efforts of my works. Faith without works is dead, so my works will match my faith. I will trust the process of the universe. I will not lose my faith when setbacks come my way, I will simply regroup and employ new strategies, and prepare to make them work. This is-The Year of The Grind, and I will stop at nothing to fulfill my grind!
Happy 2017 yall, let's go!!!!