Meditation Monday: A Dream Deferred!
By Alex TheHolisticPractitioner
What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore— And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over— like a syrupy sweet?
Oooo maybe it just sags like a heavy load.
Or does it explode?
Amazing poem right?? Have you ever been there, wondering what happened to a dream you had?? Is it still brewing in your heart or have you buried it to die?? Do you still wonder what if?? I wish I could?? I missed the opportunity?? Have you lost your way?? Would you like to begin again?? Well I'm here today, on this Meditation Monday to encourage and inspire you to revisit, rethink and hopefully restore a dream deferred!!!!
Here are the top 10 tips to get back on track and reboot your dreams!!
- Recharge – Recharge your drained batteries. Read a good book, hang out with someone positive, or attend a conference. Find the way you gain energy.
- Rest – Struggles drain us personally. Sometimes we can’t continue until we have an extended period of downtime. You may need a sabbatical.
- Reward – Reward yourself for small achievements. You may just need one win to spur you to greater things.
- Re-energize – As strange as it sounds, I find exercising to be helpful when I need more energy.
- Resist – Push through the pain and resist the temptation to quit. You’ll be surprised how resilient you are if quitting is not an option.
- Renew – Renew your passion for the vision you once believed in. It could be the vision of the person you intend to be.
- Restart – Invite some change, begin something new or try a different approach. It’s okay to do something completely new!
- Reclaim – You had a dream. You believed in it. It had potential. Perhaps you simply need to reclaim what you already had.
- Rejoice – Sometimes you need to throw a party…even before you realize the victory. A celebration may give you the motivation to try again.
- Remind – People follow a leader. Remind others of their role in achieving their individual dream. Spurring another to victory will energize you.
Your broken dream can become Your new beginning!!!!
Here’s the plan:
- Pick the one or more of these you feel you need the most, write it on an index card, then place it somewhere you’ll see often. Read it and recite it aloud.
- Invite a friend to hold you accountable.
- Share your story with others in an effort to help another recover.
"You are never to old to set a new goal or dream a new dream"- C.S Lewis