MLK: Top 10 MLK Quotes of Equality, Action, Uprightness and Perseverance
The pre-civil rights era was one of peril times. Hate and darkness consumed the blood of an entire nation when it came to one specific group of people. The melanated people. The mere sight of blackness was repulsive to early white Americans, for they saw themselves superior to us. To them we were walking talking beasts who did not deserve basic human rights…like walking down the street without the fear of being chased down by a lynch mob. Nonetheless, the honorable Dr. Martin Luther King Jr had many philosophies on how to change the American narrative surrounding the perception of the African American. His words need no introduction or premise, as they have survived the test of time, and still breathe life and into humanity.
1. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that”.
#HateNotYourBrother #BeALoverOfAllMen Despite all the hate and evil directed at his righteous cause, he still knew anger and retaliation would move that cause forward. #LoveInspiteOfAllThings
2. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy”.
#Character #WhoAreYouReally? #HowDoYouBehaveInTheFaceOfAdversity
3. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase”.
4. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”.
#Action #Activism #StandForSomething or #FallForAnything
5. “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere”.
#IGuessAmericaMissedTheMemo #ItStillContinuesToday #ThisAintNothingButARerun
6. “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character”.
#LetMyCharacterSpeakForMe But if my complexion does speak for me, listen to it closely and know that it is pure magic #BlackMagic #MelanatedGreatness
7. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear”.
Let this be an admonishment to us all. Hate will only encumber our resilient nature. Our ancestors rose above the hate and walked in love; so shall we! #HateIsABurden #WalkInLove
8. “Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?”
#Give #Serve #Build #Unify What is life without the honor of serving others? Life is not about you, it’s about those around you. Be the change that you want to see!
9. “The time is always right to do what is right”.
#Righteousness #Creed #Uprightness
10. “We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools”.
This the exact state of our nation, currently. What are we going to do to reverse the division?
#CancelHate #RestoreLove #RestoreBretheren #RestoreSisterhood #RestoreHumanity