SINGLEDOM: How to Avoid Settling for "Substitutes" While Dating
Here's what I've discovered:
1. I'm bored because I chose to be.
2. Boredom is an opportunity to reflect
3. Reflecting is powerful, if done correctly.
When reflection becomes negative, we start reaching for substitutes to ignore and replace our deprivation, or at least what we feel we're being deprived of. How many can attest to that? Being seduced by something temporary can cause a variety of effects; some good, some bad. I've learned that if I want to be a permanent or a constant in the eyes of another, I can't accept the substitutes.
Dating can turn into substitute, after substitute, after substitute, if you allow it. Let's not let our solidarity define who and what we want in and for ourselves.
The other issue that comes with "Singledom" is sexual frustration. Many wonder how one can go back to being "Born Again" or "Celibate" after being used to fulfilling a sexual appetite. Easy...REDIRECT YOUR SEXUAL ENENERGY! This will help you find a new value in what you offer, and figure out why you're having these desires. Sex is obviously mental and when focused on incorrectly, there can be some damaging effects.
Tips & Tricks:
1. Invest in new hobbies or pass times
2. Evaluate your internal worth, prior to preaching your external to the world.
3. Figure out your sexual cravings, and eliminate temptation. (Keep that count low).
4. Avoiding solidarity is a easy way to remain depressed, get comfortable with being with your thoughts, and yourself.
Don't target the negative of being alone, but embrace the emotions as they come. Substitutes are merely that, and we want the real thing right!! #getitrightin2016
Brittney "Genuine Gemini" Baker